Responsible for accurate registration and bed assignments of inpatients and outpatients and for obtaining insurance verification authorization when required. Also function in the role of the Sec. III. CM position.
- Facilitates direct admission by obtaining data for incoming patients and/or representatives (i.e., physician offices, etc.) and input information obtained into computer system and Pre-admit tracking system (PAT). Ask all appropriate questions to ensure accurate assessment of patients for appropriate placement (i.e., pediatric transplants, etc.) Strokes, Clinical Stability & seek Admission CM assistance as needed. Communicate anticipated admission to all areas: assigned unit, admitting, ER greeting area, etc. Ensure patient is sent to correct area as directed by physician orders, diagnosis, and/or patient needs.
- Maintain information of contracted providers. Refer to the Social Service representative or financial counselor for Medical Assistance applications and or Admission CM.
- Function in the role of the bed assignment personnel as it relates to data entry and patient placement.
- Use note section of surgery schedule to determine if question of In patient vs OPO for scheduled procedure. Utilize Adm. CM as needed to confirm appropriate admission status.
- Maintain stock levels and operating knowledge of all equipment and order as needed and request repairs as needed.
- Provide assistance to co-workers (i.e. BA, CM, and Secretary III) and function in their roles as able. Function in role of Secretary III and BA person.
- Assist with patient, family, and/or representative (i.e., physician office, etc.) education of insurance plans. Call and negotiate coverage of benefits with plan. Call plan and request benefit coverage for DME, Home Health, and in-network providers. Maintain knowledge of in network insurance plans and appropriate types of observation or in-patient status.
- Provide information to patients and their representatives and assist with applications for Sister Fund aid and transportation. Assist CM/SW in arranging post-acute services. Document actions taken in the medical records and HBOC as indicated. Participate in the collection and compilation of outcome data as directed. Fax and copy MR to expedite patient discharge.
- Assist with obtaining Medical Records for corporate initiatives and retrospective insurance reviews. Assist CM staff in documentation, organization, account notes and other assignments as indicated.
- Fosters, participates and is knowledgeable in Shared Accountability as defined at St. Anthony; supports and participates in the work of depart-based council. Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own practice, continuing education, competency and quality. Participate in committees, teams, councils and work groups.
- Performs other related duties as assigned that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Typing skills of 20 WPM.
- One year of healthcare experience in registration, business office, or related area.
- High school diploma or GED
St. Anthony Hospital –
St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional referral facilityspecializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. Thehospital, established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and servesthe needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma,through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. AnthonyHealthplex campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service accessto the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgentcare services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has receivednumerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, CertifiedHealthy Business, Premier QUEST® Award for High-value Healthcare Citation ofMerit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels forquality and patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and manynational health care organizations.