Under the general supervision of the Patient Food Service Manager, perform dish room sanitation duties. Responsible for keeping the dish room and its equipment orderly and clean. Washes and sanitizes pots and pans, utensils, dishes, silverware, patient carts, some equipment and floor areas.
- Helps create a supportive work team by: a. listen to each other b. respect each other's viewpoints c. is direct and honest with each other d. helps each other with tasks, shares knowledge and information e. has the ability work well independently f. is active in shared decision making.
- Assembles, operates, and cleans the dish machine daily. Documents the temperature of dish machine and chemical levels. Makes necessary adjustments and reports problems when temperature is out of range.
- Retrieves used issued trays in a timely, efficient manner from nursing units using established routes.
- Scrape, soak and process dishes using established methods and timeline.
- Unload, sort and stack dishes and equipment using established policies.
- Prewash pots and pans, sanitize through the dish machine.
- Transport and deliver all dishes, pots and pans to the kitchen and cafeteria.
- Cleans and sanitizes carts, dish holding carts, equipment and floor daily. Utilizes food handling guidelines as indicated by the food code, including hand washing, glove use and cleaning and sanitizing food contact surfaces and equipment.
- Follows strict procedures to ensure a safe and sanitary work environment.
- Refills chemicals safely as needed. Wears gloves and ear plugs as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
***SSM Health will implement a new minimum wage of $11 per hour throughout its four-state system which will take effect in January 2017. This job is one impacted by this increase. Learn morehere
- On-the-job training is provided.
- Proper sanitation techniques and operation of dish room equipment. Must be able to follow instructions.
- Ability to perform duties with a reasonable level of coordination and speed. Must deal courteously and respectfully with people.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Previous food service experience is preferred.
St. Mary's is a 440-bed tertiary referral hospital offering inpatient and outpatient treatment and diagnostic services in primary care and nearly all specialties. Medical/surgical areas of special focus include the Family Birth Center, pediatrics, Neuroscience Center, geriatrics, orthopedics, emergency services and more. St. Mary's is affiliated with the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine's three-year family practice residency program. Since 1912, St. Mary's has provided service to much of south-central Wisconsin including Dane County and 17 other nearby counties. In the growing city of Sun Prairie, northeast of Madison, St. Mary's Emergency Clinic provides services to more than 30,000 residents.