ThePatient Care Tech (PCT)/Clinical Partner creates an environment that is customer focused and professional by providing support to the nursing team.
- Contributes to overall quality and safe care for patients by answering patients' calls for help, taking their vital signs, and monitoring their behavior and physical condition for progress or deterioration as measured by patient satisfaction, quality audits, direct observation.
- Creates a positive patient experience by assisting patients with their activities of daily living including assisting with baths, ambulating, feeding, skin care, personal and oral hygiene and making occupied and unoccupied beds as measured by patient satisfaction quality audits and direct observation.
- Contributes to quality care and safety by assisting and performing procedures such as performing dressing changes, enemas, ostomy care, toileting, turning, cough and deep breathing, catheter care, collection of biological specimens, measuring and recording intake and output of fluids.
- Contributes to exceptional patient satisfaction by establishing a compassionate environment by timely responses to patients' needs, open communication and providing emotional, psychological.
- Contributes to safety and quality care by relaying information via charting and communicating to team members.
- Contributes to achievement of exceptional health care by functioning as a member of the team as measured by active participation in department initiatives, unit meetings, committees and special projects
***SSM Health will implement a new minimum wage of $11 per hour throughout its four-state system which will take effect in January 2017. This job is one impacted by this increase. Learn morehere
High School or equivalent (GED).
SPECIAL QUAliFICATIONS: Meets one of the following:
A)Certified Nursing Assistant, B) Proof of completion of UAP
Training Program (that meets requirements of Missouri Department
of Health and Senior Services) within last 3 years, C) Documented
experience as nurse assistant, EMT, or surgical tech in the past
3 years, D) Enrolled in nursing education program and is within
90 days of completing fundamentals of nursing course,
E) Was nursing licensure candidate who failed state licensure
in the past 3 years F) Has completed nursing program outside
the U.S. and is awaiting licensure examination in this country.
Requires effective oral and written communication skills to
communicate with patients, staff and customers. Required
Certification – BLS
SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital – St. Charles
SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital - St. Charles is a 433-bed hospital offering highly-specialized care for critically ill patients. The hospital excels in many areas, including open-heart surgery, cardiac catheterizations, trauma and emergency services, sleep medicine, obstetrics, surgical services, oncology, vascular surgery, orthopedics and gastroenterology.