M-F 4:30pm to 12:30am
The Environmental Services Technician 1is responsible for the general housekeeping function of the Medical Center; including the use of cleaning equipment, special cleaning compounds and specialty cleaning.
1. Performs thorough general cleaning of Medical Center including trash pick-up, dust mopping, vacuuming carpets and routine mopping of floors.
2. Cleans and disinfects lavatories and exam room fixtures throughout the Medical Center on a routine basis.
3. Maintain supplies in all lavatories and exam rooms including soap and paper for dispensers on a routine basis.
4. Spot clean and dust throughout the Medical Center on a routine basis.
5. Clean windows, wash walls and perform specialty cleaning.
6. Shampoo carpets, strip and wax floors in the Medical Center on a routine basis.
7. Reports repairs needed to Specialist and/or Manager.
8. Follows all universal precautions, blood borne pathogen procedures and uses personal protective equipment as needed while cleaning.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
Position descriptions are not intended to be and should not be constructed to be a complete list of all the duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents. Duties, responsibilities and expectations may be added, deleted or modified at any time at the discretion of the supervisor.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. One year of continuous employment with a single employer.
3. Willingness to use initiative and handle extra duties as needed.
4. Ability to work independently.
5. Ability to bend, stretch, and lift without difficulty.
6. Stable work history.
1. Previous cleaning experience.
2. Previous cleaning experience in a medical setting.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to work primarily first or second shift type hours.
2. Ability to continuously stand while performing tasks.
3. Ability to communicate in person and to read fine print.
4. Ability to continuously and safely lift boxes, waste and other cleaning related equipment or objects weighing up to 20 pounds frequently and on occasion up to 50 pounds.
5. Ability to continuously and safely push/pull boxes, containers and cleaning related equipment such as vacuums, carpet extractors or floor scrubbers.
6. Ability to work from / on ladders. Employee frequently ascends/descends stairs.
7. Ability to repetitively bend/twist and kneel/crouch.
8. Ability to work with and to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment when working with environmental services chemicals or handling blood borne pathogens or other medical/hazardous waste.
9. Ability to periodically work outside in adverse weather conditions.
10. Ability to safely wear a respirator.
About SSM Health Dean Clinic-
Based in Madison, Wis., Dean Clinic consists of a network of more than 60 clinics in south-central Wisconsin. Our more than 500 physicians provide primary, specialty and tertiary care in the clinics as well as eye care through our Davis Duehr Dean locations. Dean Clinic also offers urgent care services and operates outpatient surgery centers. Dean Clinic joined SSM Health in 2013.