The Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) Application Product Specialist is responsible for maintaining and supporting SSM Health Clinical Engineering Service's CMMS application, which is a ServiceNow service management-based application. This includes, but is not limited to application development, database management, end user training and all other support duties necessary to maintain a functional CMMS.
- Develops a thorough understanding of CMMS and equipment management workflows and processes, including inventories and work orders for all level of users.
- Represents SSM Health Care System in external activities and organizations as appropriate in support of goals and initiatives of SSMIHT and SSMHC.
- Coordinates CMMS enhancements by identifying needs, analyzing costs and benefits, identifying process changes and impact, researching and analyzing alternatives of enhancements, and coordinating activities among end users, application vendor and IHT staff as appropriate.
- Participates in implementing release upgrades. Coordinates test plans related to release upgrades, thoroughly reviewing and testing each new release and communicating changes.
- Manages CMMS user rights and security.
- Works with CES staff to facilitate maximum use of software.
- Functions as facilitator for CMMS-related meetings, brings outstanding information technology issues to group for resolution, and assists chairperson in bringing group to consensus when information technology decisions are required.
- Performs regular quality assurance review of CMMS application and its use. Recommends and/or implements changes as indicated.
- Required to Identify, maintain and manage data integrity in support of CES Policies.
- Works with CES directors, managers and support staff to mitigate any identified data integrity issues in a timely manner.
- Assists in the development of new CES policies with CMMS application support.
- Develops alternatives to solve problems. Facilitates process improvement and group consensus.
- Communicates with Manager to resolve issues.
- Communicates outstanding issues and status updates through appropriate channels, escalating unresolved issues when necessary.
- Responsible for documenting and troubleshooting issues related to user inquiries, system implementations, maintenance, and enhancements of application(s) and related interfaced systems.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5-7 years of experience
- Possesses a general knowledge of ServiceNow service and/or asset management application.
- Possesses a general knowledge of information technology and information systems including interfaces, report specifications, and programming specifications.
- Demonstrates/develops/maintains an expert knowledge of CMMS applications, systems, current and emerging technology and regulatory requirements of primary area of expertise.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of primary area of responsibility and business process flow and the ability to facilitate process improvement.
- Possesses a solid knowledge of relational databases and SQL.
- Possesses knowledge of data mining and report generation.
- Possesses a solid knowledge of CES business/processes and an understanding of the CMMS implantation in achieving desired outcomes.
- Possesses a basic understanding of the IIS Web Server and .Net application.
- Knowledge of scope development that includes being a liaison between customer and development staff for customizations and normal projects.
- Possesses strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to translate technical information into terminology understood at all levels of users, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates organizational ability to prioritize assignments, meet deadlines and handle simultaneous projects.
- Demonstrates ability to work with minimal supervision and maintain composure under pressure.
- Is a self-starter, is enthusiastic, and is flexible with changing priorities.
- Communicates/works with other product specialists and IT staff regarding proposals, needs, and issues that might impact a multitude of IT customers/end users.