The Director Foundation organizes and implements a comprehensive fundraising program that promotes SSM Health Good Samaritan and St. Mary's Hospital Foundation's goals of growth as a regional provider, providing exceptional patient satisfaction, quality, safety, exceptional employee and physician commitment. Will be responsible for developing and implementing stewardship and cultivation programs, while developing and enriching donor relationships. Carries out the fundraising program in concert with volunteers, Foundation staff, and Hospital staff. The position will be responsible for creating and growing donor relationships in an effort to grow giving in all capacities. The position will be part of a team of professional foundation staff members, reporting to the Administrative Director of Fund Development. Works alongside auxiliary leadership to encourage and promote fundraising and relationship building. This position will also be responsible for being engaged in the local communities and will interact with and work closely with community leadership.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to prioritize, track and implement multiple tasks simultaneously. Ability to deal with a large volume of work while maintaining high quality and efficiency/timeliness. Will be responsible for scheduling and coordinating meetings with individuals and groups. Demonstrated record of success in writing; outstanding communication skills both written and oral. Must be flexible and able to balance numerous assignments and meet competing, urgent deadlines. Must demonstrate good judgment and problem-solving abilities. Must be able to maintain confidentiality while also maintaining integrity. Self-motivated, able to work with a minimum of supervision as well as work collaboratively with all members of each Foundation. Requires a high level of analytical ability to develop plans and objectives. Familiarity with donors, prospects and others who could become potential supporters of the Foundation. Requires knowledge of basic management including finance, investments, and budgeting
- Collaborates with Hospital President and board members to establish Foundation goals based on hospital objectives.
- Plans strategic direction of customized and comprehensive fund-raising plans including oversight and successful achievement of goals for annual giving program, major and planned giving, special events and capital campaigns.
- Formulates Foundation policies, procedures and programs including legal arrangements for fund transfers, etc.
- Identifies potential supporters by researching support given to other organizations, and establishing personal networks.
- Solicits funds and pledges by leading and monitoring preparation of board members, volunteers, administrative staff, medical staff in the identification, cultivation, solicitation, recognition and stewardship of all prospects.
- Prepares promotional literature and presentations.
- Answers inquiries; makes personal visits, speeches and promotions; organizes special campaigns and events.
- Maintains communication regarding Foundation status by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field
- Master's Degree
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE)
- At least 5 years progressively responsible leadership, management experience, and fund-raising success in the development of a community healthcare provider or comparably complex not-for-profit organization
About SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Centralia
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital–Centralia, operating in partnership with the Felician Sisters, is a 113-bed hospital specializing in cancer care. For six consecutive years, Healthgrades has presented SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital–Centralia with the Outstanding Patient Experience Award and with the Critical Care Excellence Award. In 2014, Quest by Premier Inc. recognized SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital–Centralia with the Citation of Merit Award for High-Value Healthcare.