The Registration Scheduling Representative Associate, under the supervision of the Clinical Manager, provides relief coverage for Registration Scheduling employees during peak times; provides assistance to patients to ensure quality patient care and satisfaction; obtains correct Clinic information and provides assistance to other Clinic staff.
1. Attend the Epic Practice Management training class in total which will require learning and performing basic computer registration and scheduling of appointments, rescheduling of appointments, cancellations, and coordinating multiple appointments as needed.
2. Continued learning and performance of basic registration and scheduling of appointments, rescheduling of appointments and handling cancellations.
3. Learn and perform establishment of new patient accounts in person for any walk in new patients.
4. Greet and check patients into departments, verifying current address, telephone number, insurance and Worker's Compensation.
5. Collect co-payments and payments on account from patients as appropriate. Balance cash drawer at end of the shift.
6. Answer and screen phone calls and determine course of action, forwarding calls to the appropriate staff member as necessary.
7. Maintain confidentiality of patient information.
8. Attend orientation and retraining sessions as necessary and monthly designated mtgs. as they occur.
9. Maintain a neat, clean and professional work area.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Computer training and pc experience with the ability to type 30 wpm.
3. Must complete and pass the Proficiency Assessment delivered at the conclusion of the onboarding program.
4. Good communication and organizational skills.
5. Pleasant, outgoing personality.
6. Ability to type with full knowledge of keyboard.
7. Ability to work well in stressful, busy environment.
1. 1-2 years of customer service experience
2. Previous reception experience.
3. Previous phone experience.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to sit or stand and move between tasks.
2. Ability to see fine print and to use the computer for extended periods.
3. Ability to continuously perform fine motor tasks, such as computer, writing or phone tasks.
4. Ability to hear and converse on the phone and in person.
5. Ability to bent, twist and reach overhead when performing some tasks.
6. Ability to safely lift lightweight boxes or equipment weighing up to 20 pounds.
7. Ability to safely perform patient handling tasks, including pushing wheelchairs, ambulation and periodically assist with a transfer to/from wheelchair.
8. Depending on specific location or position, the ability to work 1st or 2nd shift hours
9. Depending on specific location, the ability to safely operate a personal vehicle and comply with the company Driver/Fleet Safety Program on a daily basis.
About SSM Health Dean Clinic-
Based in Madison, Wis., Dean Clinic consists of a network of more than 60 clinics in south-central Wisconsin. Our more than 500 physicians provide primary, specialty and tertiary care in the clinics as well as eye care through our Davis Duehr Dean locations. Dean Clinic also offers urgent care services and operates outpatient surgery centers. Dean Clinic joined SSM Health in 2013.