The Risk Manager implements and assesses the effectiveness of the risk management program for the health center and affiliated clinics. The Risk Manager consults with and advises leadership of problems related to risk issues that may affect the health center and makes recommends or changes in policies to carry out Health Center objectives more effectively. The Risk Manager ensures the efficient, economic and quality performance of the department to support or provide quality health care services. The Risk Manager provides and maintains communications with medical staff, the community, and all levels of supervision and staff.
The ideal candidate will understand the mission and vision of quality and safety from both the customer's expectations and the provider's expectations. The ideal candidate will also have management and communication skills necessary for the development, implementation and coordination of an effective risk and insurance management program for inpatient, outpatient and physician office settings.
- Coordinates the Risk/Claims and Insurance activities for SSM St. Mary's Hospital-Audrain, including health care services on and off the campus, inpatient and outpatient. Acts as a resource/educates medical and hospital staff as needed concerning the principles of risk/claims and insurance activities, including performance indicators.
- Participates with leaders to facilitate the principles of continuous quality improvement/participative management in a team orientation with a focus on process and systems improvement. coordinates and/or is informed of all risk/claims/insurance and opportunity for improvement needs to promote a high standard of care and prevent duplication of effort.
- Collects data, presents information, and identifies cause and effect relationships in assessing improved local hospital risk/claims performance in coordination and collaboration with Mid-Missouri division staff for quality/clinical outcomes, regulatory compliance and OFI management.
- Gathers and prepares risk, safety and regulatory performance data for trending and presentation, supporting and serving as liaison to implement regulatory requirements within the organization and providing clinical expertise and support for physician peer review, credentialing and privileging needs.
- Bachelor's degree in related area of health care
- Current MO licensed registered nurse
- 5 years clinical experiences in a hospital or health care setting with exposure to risk management, claims and quality activities.
- Master's degree in health care management or business
- Certification in Quality, Risk Management or Patient Safety
- 2 years of experience in building, overseeing, monitoring and evaluating risk management, claims and insurance functions. Experience in a system wide program including acute care, outpatient services, ambulatory surgery, primary care clinics services and psychiatric services.
About SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Audrain
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Audrain opened in 1918 as Audrain Medical Center. Today, the 89-bed community hospital offers a range of services including emergency care, cardiology services, medical imaging, men's health services, women and child services, and diabetes education. The hospital features the J.B. & Greta B. Arthur Cancer Center, the Jordan-Waters Heart Center and Healthworks Rehabilitation services.