The Emergency Department Registered Nurse demonstrates the Mission and Values of St. Francis Hospital& Health Services as he/she preforms comprehensive nursing care activities and provides nursing staff leadership. He/She triages patients and unit activities, assesses patient needs, plans and implements patient care activities and evaluates the patient's response to treatment. He/She directs the delivery of nursing care by other members of the patient care team. He/She is a member of the multidisciplinary treatment team and provides services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of the patient.
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
- Demonstrates the clinical and critical thinking skills to perform complete head to toe assessment, as indicated by the patient's condition, on all patient's presenting to the department, infants to geriatrics, from admission throughout the ED Care. Performs reassessments as indicated by triage level and patient condition. Demonstrates knowledge of the current triage system, primary and secondary trauma assessment, pediatric emergency assessment and care, proper use of patient education, and discharge instructions. Communicates to the physicians using SBAR format. Provides a safe and secure environment for all patients appropriate to their knowledgeable of resources available to assist the patient when need is identified.
- Identifies and addresses psychosocial needs of the patient and family, communicates with the appropriate hospital and community resources regarding patient needs and available assistance. Interacts with appropriate hospital and community resources regarding patient needs and available assistance. Interacts with appropriate ancillary departments to provide an interdisciplinary approach to the patient's needs.
- Adjusts the patient's plan of care as indicated by the patient's response to treatment. Formulates patient teaching based upon learning needs identified and evaluates the learning process.
- Is knowledgeable of medications administered to all ED patients. Knowledgeable of the correct administration based on the age and clinical condition of the patient. Performs medication administration functions timely and accurately.
- Ensures nursing documentation is legible, accurate, pertinent, and indicates outcome of the treatments given. Demonstrates proper use of Handoff communication process.
- Associate Degree or Diploma School Program
- RN License to practice in the state of Missouri
- 10 months to 1 year clinical acute care experience as an RN
- ACLS, TNCC, and either ENPC or PALS within 1 year of hire and maintain current certification thereafter
About SSM Health St. Francis Hospital – Maryville
SSM Health St. Francis Hospital – Maryville is an 81-bed full-service, fully-accredited healthcare organization providing medical care to the residents of Northwest Missouri. As a rural hospital, St. Francis offers emergency, maternity, behavioral health, inpatient, and outpatient services to meet the needs of our community.
Join our recruiters for an online chat any Monday or Wednesday from 11am to 1pm. There is no formal agenda, just jump online from your computer, smartphone or tablet to share your experiences, ask questions and learn about opportunities. It's as simple as texting with a friend. Click here to register today!