The Advanced Procedure Scheduling Specialist, under the supervision of the Clinical Manager, provides exceptional customer service by serving as the frontline ambassador of service between the patient, the physicians, the hospital, and the Medical Group.
1. Schedule patients within the system for procedures. Scheduling process may include significant contact with providers, as well as the patient, hospital departments, third party reimbursement for preauthorization, and Dean financial departments.
2. Obtain written documentation from all physicians ordering outpatient procedures at St Marys Hospital Medical Center and outreach hospitals and clinics.
3. Route exercise reports and procedural reports to associated physicians and clinics and follow up with those providers to ensure that the information was received.
4. Prepare paperwork for procedures and requests supporting medical information from referring providers to complete necessary paperwork.
5. Uses Epic Web and Epic Care to look up patient information for chart preparation and films for referring physicians or to share with patients. Tracks the requests.
6. Support the admission process for patients.
7. Insurance verification, scheduling, charging, reconciling and retrieving patient test information from outside facilities.
8. Modify and complete encounter forms when necessary
9. Rooms patients as necessary.
1. Approach all patient encounters and physicians in a friendly, helpful and welcoming manner.
2. Verify demographic and insurance information is complete and accurate
3. Collect Co-payments at the time of service and balance cash drawer daily.
4. Answer phones in a friendly, helpful and welcoming manner, within Dean Standards
5. Strive to meet the needs of the patient when scheduling, rescheduling, canceling and coordinating appointments completely and accurately.
6. Maintain daily and future schedules, including schedule maintenance and daily reconciliation of provider schedules.
7. Understand the path of a patient encounter, from the time a patient accesses the system until the bill is paid in full.
8. Participate in Practice Management initiatives including collection of demand data and third next available and implementation of open scheduling practices and principles.
9. Consider patient's medical condition, financial/insurance status to determine if sharing Community Care or Presumptive Eligibility information and forms would be appropriate.
10. Assist with the collection of Patient Satisfaction data
11. Maintain confidentiality of patient information.
12. Maintain a neat, clean and professional work area. Keep resource material current and organized.
13. Adhere to departmental expectations, to include guidelines for scheduling and employee attendance.
14. Work as a member of a team with the flexibility to rotate to other departments and/or sites.
15. Attend staff meetings as required.
16. Maintain conference room schedule
17. Maintain reasonable inventory of clerical and office supplies.
18. Participate in quality improvement.
19. Schedule meetings for providers as requested.
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. 3-5 years customer service, reception or business experience with 1-3 years of that experience being in a medical setting.
3. Fundamental desire and ability to provide exceptional customer service. Customer focus an absolute must.
4. Good decision-making, communication and organizational skills.
5. Previous experience in using a multi-line phone.
6. Ability to perform multiple tasks in a busy, ever-changing environment.
7. Previous PC training and experience with the ability to type with full keyboard knowledge.
8. High degree of accuracy is required.
9. Must be highly disciplined, self-motivated, and prioritize effectively.
10. Excellent verbal, listening, and interpersonal skills.
1. Demonstrated skills in proficiency with medical terminology.
2. Previous experience with ICD-9 and CPT codes desirable.
3. Candidates with previous PCA or MA training are preferred.
Essential Physical Functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to sit for extended periods.
2. Ability to see fine print and to use the computer for extended periods.
3. Ability to continuously perform fine motor tasks, such as computer, writing or phone tasks.
4. Ability to hear and converse on the phone and in person.
5. Ability to safely lift lightweight boxes or equipment weighing up to 20 pounds and the ability to push items such as a wheelchair.
6. Depending on specific location or position, the ability to work 1st or 2nd shift hours.
About SSM Health Dean Clinic-
Based in Madison, Wis., Dean Clinic consists of a network of more than 60 clinics in south-central Wisconsin. Our more than 500 physicians provide primary, specialty and tertiary care in the clinics as well as eye care through our Davis Duehr Dean locations. Dean Clinic also offers urgent care services and operates outpatient surgery centers. Dean Clinic joined SSM Health in 2013.